Monday, February 12, 2007

Dealing with... well, whatever comes your way.

How do you deal with it? By "it" I mean whenever things go wrong, through your fault, somebody else's fault, or just plain circumstance, destiny etc etc. Basically, there's something not right. Lets say the degree of not right varies from minor to the-end-of-the-world types. But you still have to deal with it. How do you do it?

Over the past few days I've realised that every single person deals with it differently. Some just curl up & wish that the world would disappear. Some scream, shout & just let it all out. Some block it out & wait for Time (yes, with a capital T) to do the healers job. Some turn inwards. Some turn to others (I think you know who that is :-) ) Some pretend it never happened at all. Some turn to... well, you know, the usual, alcohol, tobacco or worse. Is there any one way that is better than the others? Well, even as I wrote this line I knew that its a stupid question. Except maybe the last one which is definitely the worst of the whole lot. I think whatever works for the person is the best. As long as they come out fine, its ok.

If somebody reads this, they'll probably think that I am assuming that I'm the only guy who's ever been hurt, or ever felt that things aren't going my way. Thats why I've suddenly gone all philosophical & pseudo-deep. :-) Hmm, let see.... to think that my IQ would be somewhere between that of fungi & rock salt and genius I'm not, but its not that bad either. Its just something I thought about & felt like putting down.

Read a line from Rocky Balboa in this friday's newspaper. Its like the anti-thesis of a friend of mine's belief. He believes that "Life has the capability to break you and push you to your knees, you're just lucky if you havent experienced it...yet." (Sorry just had to copy-paste the whole thing :-) ) Rocky says, "Life has the capability to break you and push you to your knees, and keep you there. If you let it." Another one, "Its not about how hard you fall, but about how hard you get up." I know, its just a movie. That too, Sylvester Stallone. How can anyone possibly quote Stallone/Rocky??? Hehe. Just be thankful that I haven't started quoting Naruto yet!!!

Maybe, I'm still so optimistic because I haven't borne the brunt of life's fury. Maybe this was like a glancing blow, to remind me that life isn't perfect. All I can say is that if one day I'm unlucky enough to face it, I can only hope that I come out smiling. -> :-) or even
:->

1 comment:

Venkster said...

Hehehe I can see you've quoted me, without my permission I might add :D...
Anyways glad to see the optimism overflowing the cup, it means the old Masal is back...I hope life doesnt break it too soon ;)...