Friday, February 9, 2007

A Beginning-About this blog, me & some random ramblings...

Well, we all have to begin somewhere. So here goes nothing...

I guess if you know me the content of this post & I'm assuming here quite a few posts to follow will surprise you. This is not the usual Masal stuff. No amusing (am I assuming too much?? :-) ) anecdotes, no light-hearted banter, nobody's the butt of any jokes here. Not even me :-O
But then I never meant to begin it that way. This blog has started at a time when I'm not quite myself. When I've felt the need to let out a part of me that has only been seen in glimpses, flashed by so quickly that you may have thought that it was a trick of the light, an anomaly, uncharacteristic. But make no mistake, that part has always existed. Only now, I've felt the need to let it out somewhere, or totally lose it altogether. And what better place than an anonymous blog on the great net. Where some years down the line this blog will just be a few bytes in some rack of hard disks somewhere. Forgotten, unnoticed. Or maybe I felt the need to let this side survive somewhere outside of me. To let it leave a mark somewhere, no matter how obscure.

About the title, you may ask why "My Bodhi Tree". Well, for one... "The Bodhi Tree" was already taken :-) You may think it is too pretentious, too ostentatious. That I harbour illusions of grandeur. But no... I do not presume to compare myself to Gautam Buddha. Nor do I say that this is where Sidharth will become Gautam, attain Nirvana, gain Enlightenment. But what I do say is that this is where I'll live & learn. Share my thoughts, the revelations that come to me as life moves on. They may be incorrect, you may not agree with them, my thoughts may not appease or satisfy or may even offend you. But then this blog isn't about you. It is about me. And if I may take a leaf out of the life of Gautam Buddha and become a better man in my own eyes through these thoughts, these revelations, gain enlightenment in my own small way, then is it not my bodhi tree??

The blog may confuse you at times, but then you have me to blame, because in all probability I'll be confused while writing it. The words are written as they come to me. I don't pause to think, to sweeten, to lighten the mood, or to simplify (atleast not yet...) I'm writing it as it is. Every word. Confusing it may be, but it will be true.

It is not a blog for the masses, not like greatbong or Sidin's blog, of which I'm a great fan & admire them for their wit & humour. It is an intensely personal blog, almost like a diary, and in all probability most of the readers will be people who can call me up and say "What crap is this??" or shower other such constructive criticism :-) But if out of every 10 or 100 or 1000 people who visit it, 1 goes away thinking, pondering & not just dismissing it out of hand, then maybe... maybe what I've thought and written isn't a waste.

Well, I've said what needed to be said. And will continue to do so.

So as I said in the beginning.... Here goes nothing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know who this is.. :) Your first visitor. Constructive criticism, not just yet.But lets hope the blog will soon be in a lighter vein and we'll see some usual Masal stuff soon. Hope it helps. :)

Anonymous said...

u too ?? [sigh..] well i suppose if u must .. anyway, moving along .. unexpected is wat comes to mind first, intresting, well written [ in a suicidal-split-personality-coming-outta-closet sort of way :D ] .. lighten up buddy .. hope that helped :D ... cheers

Venkster said...

Well written sir...and kudos on the first "dark" side I've seen to you...I expect more of these, when I want your light side I'll just chat with you :D...

Oh and thoughtful material too, it seems like something has finally popped eh :)

Anonymous said...

Well, not expected of a jocose character like you...this is as perplexing as it is astounding...However my "constructive criticism" does include goading you back to "life"...this thing is more like an inebriated florid writer trying to expatriate "the real him" and let the "other him" enjoy the hegemony. If its "for a sake of change" thing its fine..otherwise its either futile or fatal...

Anonymous said...

And another great writer is born..... :)
A very well written blog.Every line seems connected ,every line there because it is playing a part and not just put there like garnish in gravy.

First glimpse of your flipside,side which was always there but never made apparent ....

Pallavi said...

Wow.. you're right...its not the usual you..
well its always nice to see a new side to a person..(hopefully a pleasant one :P )

well written..keep em comin..